Employment discrimination encompasses various issues, including age, race and gender discrimination, pregnancy, wrongful termination, and sexual harassment. If you feel like you are a victim of employment discrimination, an attorney can help you navigate legal issues and protect your civil rights. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 and 1991 offers protection for certain classes like women and minorities. Companies that violate these laws face stiff punish
Examples of Title VII Violations include:
- Mistreatment based on race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, or sexual orientation), gender identity, national origin, sexual preference, disability, or age (40 or older)
- Harassment suffered at work due to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, or orientation), national origin, disability, age (40 years of age or older), or genetic information
- Denial of reasonable changes in the work environment to accommodate religious beliefs or a disability.
- Questions regarding medical or genetic information in an inappropriate way
- Harassment or retaliation for complaining about job discrimination or helping in an investigation involving job discrimination
Title VII Violations still occur
Lawsuits filed within the last decade have put fear in the minds of company leaders. Finally, we have seen a decrease in cases filed with the EEOC. However, decreasing does not mean disappearing. It is time to stay vigilant. If you have faced discrimination at your work, fighting your case with Title VII laws could get you the justice you deserve. In 2010 the total number of cases filed with the EOC under Title VII was 161,436. Since then, cases have gone down to 119,854. Fighting your lawsuit against your employer will not be easy. You need a caring lawyer by your side. The team K Altman Law will be with you every step of the way.